Thursday, June 2, 2011

Projects I Have Been Working On Lately...

I didn't realize just how long it had been since I last wrote on here. Wow! I need to update a lot more and I will try to post more often and with more pics.

What I wanted to write about today is what I have been up to lately "creatively speaking". I had worked on several small projects and felt quite accomplished after completing them. It is not that I did very much work, it was just that I customized random things to my liking and for that I was happy and proud. First thing was this metal wire jewelry holder in the shape of a female figure. It was on clearance, (big surprise there lol) and my 2 color options were cream/off -white or a rosy pink. I opted for pink, although I was hoping that they had one in black.Well, I soon remedied that with a can of high gloss black spray paint. (98 cents at Wal-Mart). It worked like a charm and turned out really nicely. Second on my list to refurbish that day was a wooden spice rack that I bought for 3 bucks at a thrift store. It was a light pine wood color that did not match a thing in my kitchen. I am not into the whole natural wood thing, so it had to be painted. So I put my trusty 98 cent spray paint to use and voila'...a gorgeous, one of a kind spice rack. I loved it because of it's retro styling. I am not sure how to describe it...the spices lay in diamond shaped spaces. I am going to take pictures and post them at a later time because I really am pleased at how wonderful they turned out.

Next....

My next project was to redo some plastic flower pots. I had some perfectly good plastic flower pots that I bought a few years ago. I never really cared for the colors but I had to take what they had...and what they had a was a pale dusty blue and a pale olive green. And now they are bright tropical turquoise and a nice tranquil chartreuse/spring green (yellow-green). They look really nice and shiny and brand new. I don't know if I am going to have a problem with flaking , since the flowers pots are plastic, or not but we will soon see. I actually purchased these tropical colored paints to paint a set of Adirondack chairs and tables that I have sitting in my yard. Actually, I have a patio set of a table and chairs that is long overdue to be painted. Not to mention a wooden rolling patio cart that was left out in the weather and is really in dire need of some TLC. The third color I picked out for my outdoor project is a really cool  medium shade of purple. I am really excited and cannot wait to get started on these outdoor projects but it has been 98 degrees almost everyday so it has been hotter than hell!! Hopefully, I will get a chance sometime soon to work on them and as soon as I do, you can be sure I will post the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment